Saturday, December 11, 2010

Whoever smelt it, dealt it

So there's good news and I don't-know-what-to-feel-about-it news. Or maybe they're the same thing.

Results from EEG are normal. Yay. Which means that we have been given the green light to wean her off of the phenobarb (how we can go from ruling out a tumor to taking her off the medication in the span of two weeks is beyond me, but this is why I don't have "MD" after my name). I am sooooo beyond excited to get her off of the phenobarb, I can't even put it into words. We have a four week plan. On Tuesday we will be one week into four week plan.

So what is the news I don't know what to feel about? Every time we are waiting to get results back from a test (and man if that doesn't feel weekly) I always tell myself, "I will feel so much better knowing that X is negative/blank/normal." And then I get the results that it is negative/blank/normal but I can't say that I feel all that much better. Better than if the result was the opposite, sure, but nothing like I think I imagine I should be. It's probably because I am still so uncomfortable with all of the unknowns.

We go to the U on the 22nd, so we will see what that doctor says. One of his colleagues specializes in genetic eye disorders (albinism being one of them) so IF that is what is finally determined to be the cause of her nystagmus it would be interesting to work with this doctor. She has a rumored 8-12 month waiting list for appointments, so I'm not necessarily holding my breath.

-----

You may have heard that it snowed here. It did. It is, still. I would bet we have at least a foot and a half outside. It's over my knees. It keeps snowing here on the weekends which is just crap. Weekends are the only two days I have to get anything done, and when they're wasted on sitting in the house, I get antsy. Why couldn't this have been on a Wednesday??

Because we were stuck at home I took a lot of pictures. Apparently when your child turns 8 months old, they have even less of a desire to sit still. Attempted bunny pictures today were a total loss:


We would not sit next to bunny unless we could touch (assault?) bunny.


JUST SIT STILL. I ONLY NEED IT FOR LIKE 1/40TH OF A SECOND. THAT'S IT.


I don't even know.


Blur. There are at least 20 more that are just like this.


And then we refused to sit up.


Probably because I was using her new gigantic Whoozit as a way to get her attention.


That she was clearly willing to crawl face-first off of the chair for.

There is always tomorrow. And if there was ever a "baby facial expressions" contest, mine would totally win.

No comments:

Post a Comment