Dance today went better, or maybe I was just more prepared. I ended up sitting inside the studio for most of the class so she could take breaks with me and get reassurance. If the other moms had a problem with that, they can shove it, although it might require someone to actually talk to me.
It completely exhausts her, though:
Always have energy in the tank for arm raspberries.
My ultimate karmic win for the day was this morning when we were at the Y. I was walking to pick up Bug from child care after my class. There was a woman standing outside the door, and as I approached, she stepped backward with her son, away from the door. So I opened the door and started to walk in and she barked at me about how SHE was in LINE. I apologized to her, and she got all huffy about needing to get to HER class on time. So of course I let her in front of me, and of course once she was inside she insisted on shooting the shit with everyone in there, giving tips on where to get good kids haircuts, etc. I bit my tongue, even though I wanted to be all, "I THOUGHT YOU HAD TO GET TO CLASS, YOU OLD COW." So we were like three minutes late for dance (which we go to after the Y), and which had everything to do with her and nothing to do with the fact that I drove the entirely wrong direction for a solid five minutes before realizing my mistake and turning around.


No comments:
Post a Comment