There is a noticeable shift in belly shape since last week. It's pretty amazing:
36 weeks on the top, 37 weeks on the bottom. I feel like this is one of those picture puzzles where you have to circle everything that's different. Ha.
No new progress to report from the doctor this week, which is, for many obvious reasons, somewhat disappointing. But I do continue to have lots of contractions and cooter pain, along with downward pressure, so I assume we're still headed in the right direction.
Pros to giving birth tomorrow:
- I will not be pregnant any more
- I could sleep on my back and/or stomach
- I get to finally meet Bug
- I am not ready at work whatsoever
- My maternity leave would not continue into June
- It's scary
The dog has started acting up in really weird ways. I think this is because he knows something is coming, but I wish I knew how to read his barometer better. I feel like asking him (while he is incessantly barking for the 85th time for no apparent reason), "Do two barks equal a week? Three barks 72 hours???"
I have no idea. He probably doesn't, either.
I will finish with, Mother Nature, You Are a Crazy Bitch:
12 weeks to 37 weeks
How far along? 37 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: I am not one of those women who "lose weight" in the last few weeks
Maternity clothes? I would rather just go naked at this point
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: On the couch, with SportsCenter on all night in case I get bored
Best moment this week: Another week closer
Movement: We like to wedge ourselves on the right side, and give mommy pains
Food cravings: Anything not nailed to the floor (again??)
Gender: Girl
Belly button in or out? In
Labor Signs: Nothing consistent. Matt is so excited he will call me at work and ask, "are you having any contractions?!"
What I miss: Walking up hills without feeling like I'm going to pass out
What I am looking forward to: Holding Bug
Weekly Wisdom: Even though you have been mean and cranky to your husband for the better part of 37 weeks, he still can get upset about it as if it's the first time you're doing it
Milestones: Term!
Yay! Any day! Or month! Kidding. I still would hang out if you are up to it. Or meet Bug after she (could still be a he!) is born!
ReplyDeleteCrazy stuff little lady! Hard to believe the time is almost here...from those of us sleeping full nights. Can't wait to meet your girl!
ReplyDeleteMESSAGE TO BUG (read: earmuffs mom): Don't tell your mom this but please don't come out until I am back from vacation - our little secret. I'll tie dye some clothes for you if you listen to me. :) -Allison