Before I had Bug I would read about moms in Real Simple or see them on TV. They would say how they were everything, personal chef, travel agent, taxi driver. It all seemed appealing then. Very "wonder woman"-ish. And if I didn't have Bug and you asked me I would still tell you it sounded like the best ever in the whole wide world.
And then you become one and it's just overwhelming. Everyone wants you. Including you, but you, my friend, are at the very bottom of the list. (I suppose I haven't done that bad of a job on the you part, considering the running, and technically if I'm feeling less lazy and have actually gotten up early enough to run in the morning I am at the top of the list some days, but not sure if that counts since I'm usually only half-conscious). This is usually how the list goes:
- Baby
- Dog
- Baby
- Baby
- Laundry
- Dog
- Husband
- Self
Right before we had our Week, we had some photos taken with Laurie. Here are a few:

Matt calls this a "stereo kiss"


I figure we wouldn't be good and proper parents if we didn't have a semi-awkward looking family photo!
Oh and have I mentioned that we're teething? Fred, our first tooth, is officially here:
I kept her up way too late in an attempt to feed her one more time last night so she looks like she's carrying a good amount of luggage under those eyes. Speaking of sleeping and new teeth, how do you spell magic? I-n-f-a-n-t T-y-l-e-n-o-l (although not the actual brand, since we all know that was recalled).
My favorite face
Dancing with my dad and his farmer tan tonight. Mom was cold even though the National Weather Service issued an Excessive Heat Warning today and put me in these ridiculous footed PJ's and then I woke up crying after being asleep for only ten minutes and she agreed that I was far too sweaty and put me back to bed in just my diaper and my swaddle and then I felt better.
I LOVE THE PICTURES. For me, even though my kids are grown up, I still don't know how to put myself at the top of list. But that's ok with me USUALLY. love, aunty
ReplyDelete