It might have something to do with:
- The phrase: "Treats don't always have to be food now, do they?" Umm, not unless they're sexual favors. Otherwise yes, treats = food. Let's be real, what would you rather have? "Story time" or some M&Ms?
- Having to be reminded that french fries aren't a good food choice for babies. Which beyond being common sense is totally not worth bringing up in a class where half the population is under six months.
- Someone ACTUALLY HAD TO ASK THIS QUESTION about feeding cereal to babies: "Is there, like, a certain one you recommend? Because I feel, like, umm, a lot of them have, like, a lot of sugar in them, and I don't know if that's the best?" You really think that you're going to feed your four month old Lucky Charms? They make 'cereal' for babies. Have you been to a grocery store in the last 50 years?
I don't know. It just reminds me of when we went to the birthing classes when we really didn't have to since we passed 7th grade health class. I need to give my common sense more credit. And it's not helping that I feel a little bit like a wounded war veteran. The fact that your six-week-old baby falls asleep on your boobie when you nurse is not a real problem. It's actually really normal. (Especially when your baby is gaining weight normally so you don't have to force-feed them every two hours 24 hours a day, blah blah blaaaaah old news). So maybe come back and talk to me when you have some actual issues, and when you figure out what infant cereal is.
I have no interest in hanging out with any of these people outside of class. I'm disappointed but I'll get over it.
I met a woman on my new team who I really like and her daughter will be two in December and we were only supposed to have a 30 minute status and we talked for two hours. When a door shuts another cubicle opens. Or something.
The "skinny" jeans from Old Navy actually fit our waist (i.e. don't fall off when we stand up) and yes, we can sit and actually reach the flats of our feet to the next step. We will be size 3T by the end of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment