Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bad form

I need new jeans. We went to try them on. While at the store, the sales woman says to me,

"You still have some baby fat to lose. Buy the smaller size."

No sale.

In other less self-hating, depressing news, we are done with the infant car seat. We went to purchase the new one tonight and Bug barfed all over the display model (they actually had to call someone "with a mop" to help us) to let us know it was indeed the one she wanted. And she better, because that thing was unbelievably (UNBELIEVABLY) difficult to install into the car.

We don't have that small of a car. We purchased a smaller seat, comparatively speaking. But it barely fits, and she's back to the middle of the backseat. If we have another kid, we are going to need an Econoline. I don't understand the little Corollas I see with car seats in them. Either the drivers are midgets, or they're installed incorrectly. Who knows.



The shirt is a size 18 months, and the pants are 12 months. The pants will fit for maybe another week.

I am excited for the new seat, but I am going to deeply mourn the loss of quickly getting in and out of the car, and of the car/Target naps.


All she wanted to do tonight was lick the book. Poor Brown Bear now has permanently squished edges.

3 comments:

  1. Before you know it she will be climbing in and out of car seat all by herself and I can be sure with that red hair she will want NO help in doing it! I just went and bought a dress at Macys and a girl at the counter said "Oh that other one may look better,it is more age appropriate." How damn old am I?
    Auntie Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have punched the lady in the face, rude!!

    I love your blog!!

    Margit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shelley -- Not that old at all! Remember, you'll always be younger than my mom ;)

    ReplyDelete