I know that when she's 25, no one will know or care when she walked. But as they wrote in their notes, it is hindering her ability right now to play and socialize with other children her age. Not that she can't play with them at all -- she just cannot do everything that they can do. It limits us.
The most frustrating thing about this whole thing is that it might not be enough for her to qualify for Early Intervention. I'll know for sure on Thursday morning, but my call with the ECSE teacher on Monday did not give me high hopes. Bug's score was an 85; apparently to qualify you usually need a score lower than 77. She might as well have said, I know your child sucks, they just don't suck quite enough for us to do anything about it right now. Not that I think Bug sucks in any way shape or form... it's just that I really wanted to be able to qualify for Early Intervention because I wanted them to help us.
Even if she doesn't qualify we still go to PT for the foreseeable future. And we may be getting some 'fancy' footwear to help Bug with stability. The best analogy they could give me was to imagine a piece of uncooked spaghetti. If you stick it in a piece of cheese, it will stand up straight. If you stick it in a piece of Jell-o, it will wobble. Bug's feet are like the Jell-o. She can already do yoga poses better than I can.
I haven't heard from Matt since the letter I got last Wednesday. This sucks. Every day the mailman comes and I rush and there's... nothing. Bug and I still write him almost every day. It will be three weeks on Thursday but it feels like it's been so much longer than that.
Still not sure what to do about work. I've been home on leave, but they may not approve my leave for much longer. I've decided I can either request unpaid leave, or I can take my six days of vacation and then resign. I don't know what I will end up doing. Being home with Bug has pretty much been the most fantastic thing that has happened to us. Even though I miss the people that I work with, I could not imagine leaving her.
This afternoon we played with our friends and had a crazy good time.
Mom decided lice doesn't grow on plastic and made me wear this hat we found on the playground!

No comments:
Post a Comment