Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sunset cure

We were back at the eye doctor today.  A visit there is never relaxing.  On top of the general lack of cooperation and listening skills on the part of my child, they goofed up and forgot to dilate her, which meant that we waited and waited (and waited... during which I DID ask, but got no response) and then finally saw the doctor, who then feebly apologized for the lack of dilation and gave us the option of waiting longer or coming back again.  The fall on her face last week has scratched her glasses beyond common sense, so we wanted to have her vision rechecked ASAP so we could order new lenses.  We opted to wait.

Ten seconds before she came in to put the drops in, something happened (I told her "no"?), and Bug started crying hysterically.  She got the drops in, but the tears can wash them out.  We all walk to the Starbucks a mile away to kill time, but halfway there her pupils are still pinpoints.  I freak out because I'm already BEYOND my limit of patience from this whole visit that we are now three hours into and start walking away from the two of them while she screams "MAMA" as if I've left her with a dangerous stranger who is poking her with needles.  

The two of them walk back, and I continue on to get bagels and coffee for the team.  The walk feels good.  I make it back, everyone is calm, and the bagel makes her the most compliant I have EVER seen her during a dilation exam.  Note to self: stop at Einstein's on the way next time.

Her prescription has changed slightly, which means that we will need to order new len$e$ instead of just replacing her existing ones.  We finally order her prescription sunglasses, but because they're just sunglasses, we get them from Target because it's wayyyyy cheaper than the legit kids eye place we've been going to.  We will still order her "regular" lenses from the kids' place this week, and the jury's still out on whether she will get new frame$$$.  (Her lenses, due to her wonky prescription, are like $250).  

I decided tonight that we were going to go run at the beach as a family and then have a picnic ("pic-mick" as she says) during the sunset.  

The run was terrible, because Matt and I have started those Insanity workout videos, and I feel like a pile of broken rubber bands.  The sunset was beautiful, though.  She was more interested in running around in the sand than eating, so when the sun went down and it got really chilly (and dark) we headed back to the car and just ate our dinner in the back of the wagon.  

I played around with the camera while we were there.  Here are a few of my favorites, so far:




Bug and I head to Minneapolis two weeks from tomorrow!  AAAAH!  I wish I could bring the beach with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment