Saturday, March 23, 2013

Go Gophers

We're in Minneapolis!  And it only took one Xanax!*

Yesterday morning Bug and I went to the gym (ugh, working out inside), then I finally got my eyebrows waxed after like two years of unskillfully plucking them because I never bothered to find a wax girl in San Diego.

We visited Mimi at Temple, and schmoozed with the crazy old Jews during the pre-service "nosh session."  We did not have to go to services, though (whew).

This morning I went running, outside.  It was 20 degrees this morning when I left.  I figured I'd warm up midway through the run, but midway through the run I was still freezing.  I lack full-length running pants (the moving fairy ate them?) so I was wearing capris with my compression calf sleeves.  At the end of my run I saw others with sleeves pushed up and zippers unzipped while I still had my top zipped to my nostrils and my hands frozen solid in my gloves.  I miss the runners here, though.  People were OUT today around the lakes.  All ages and abilities.  You don't see that in California at all.

My dad ("Beau-Beau") came back home today after a work trip, and Bug was beside herself.  They played, then she took a 3 hour nap.

Then my grandfather arrived, and then my aunt and uncle, and then my brother and his girlfriend.  Bug was running on ALL CYLINDERS.  I'm exhausted and it's only been two days.

In theory the weather is going to get warmer (woohoo!). My parents' computer resides in the room that Bug sleeps in, so updating will be off and on.  I'm borrowing my brother's laptop so I can dump some photos from my camera.

*It would have taken more than one Xanax had I felt that taking more would have been safe, after Bug decided she didn't want to watch DVDs at all during the flight, forcing me to entertain her for THREE WHOLE SOLID HOURS.  Can't a woman read a magazine or steal a ten minute nap?  GAH.  All that needing to pay attention totally killed my buzz.

My mom giving her snow for the first time.

Beau-Beau got wrangled into playing Elefun.


Papa's here!  I would love a camera that performed better at higher ISO.



Making important phone calls.

Bubbles still work in the cold, of course.

Uncle Sam and Lizzy were quite the hit after bringing this.



No comments:

Post a Comment