Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kicking and screaming

Last night she was up eleventy billion times, and then was awake for the day a short time after 6 a.m.  She was a pain in the ass all morning due to over-tiredness.  In no particular order:

1) We had to leave Strides mid-class, because she couldn't get ahold of herself, after somehow becoming upset about not being able to sit up (??) in a satisfactory manner, despite having sat in the stroller for more cumulative hours than possibly any other seat in our family's possession, without previous issue.

2) While going to the bathroom at PT, she somehow got spooked, and decided she was done.  So I put her pants back on, and all of a sudden she yells, "I HAVE TINKLE IN MY UNDERWEAR!!"
Me: "Well are you tinkling in your underwear??"
Her: "Yes!"
ME: "WHY ARE YOU TINKLING IN YOUR UNDERWEAR?"
Her: "BECAUSE!"
Me: "We tinkle in the potty, not in our underwear.  You were JUST on the potty.  Do you need to go more?"
Her: "NO!"
Me: "I'm going to ask you again.  Do you need to go more?"
Her: "FINE!"

3) PT rewarded her today with a mother-f***ing whistle.  A WHISTLE.

We came home from PT, she ate an entire grilled cheese sandwich, crusts and all (very rare), a large amount of strawberries and a container of applesauce before I cut her off and sent her to bed.

She slept.  For three and a half hours.  I had to wake her up at 4:30 so we could get to my PT appointment at 5.

----------

If anything else, she takes a good picture.  Here are some a lot from the past few days:

Sunday morning we walked downtown, stopping for coffee at Brickyard, and then continuing on toward the New Children's Museum.  We had a membership last year, but it really wasn't worth it.  They do have a whole bunch of concrete (with a few swings and some convoluted rope/jungle gym situation) across the street.  But mainly, it's the concrete, and lucky for everyone, I brought chalk:





Sunday night Matt had a concert at Spreckels Park on Coronado.  This is my favorite concert venue.



This time I was smart, and took a picture of the two of them BEFORE the concert, when there was still light. 

I was also even smarter because I brought bubbles for entertainment.

We spotted Bug's old boyfriend!!  This kid and Bug were inseparable when she was in daycare.  They have both changed so much, but still loved playing together. 




Tuesday was Bug's last day of school.  So sad. This program has been so great for her, and we are so sad to have grown out of it (it stops at age 3).

They had a party for the kids, which consisted of opening up all the fun stuff, and eating pizza and cake.

Shaving cream fun.


Pizza!  Cake!  




For a fun reference, this is her first day of summer school, last July.

Later on Tuesday we checked out a new playground.  She was all sorts of nervous, but did OK on the grass.  Brand new swirly blue balls from Target help with that.



Working on kicking.  Too bad Matt doesn't want her to play soccer in high school (see: concussions).

I might join the YMCA just so I can drop her off for an hour of alone time once a week.  IS IT SEPTEMBER YET??

No comments:

Post a Comment