Friday, September 6, 2013

So, like, an update is coming.  In the meantime:

  • School started Wednesday.  I don't like her teacher, but she was upset when I picked her up today, because she didn't want to leave.
  • Swim lessons were a new level of disaster on Thursday for whatever reason.  I blame exhaustion from previous day's new school experience.
  • The school district does not know a foot from a hammer.  I've lost count of all the voicemails and bizarre returned phone calls I've had this week.  "Are you, umm, interested in learning about what an IEP is?"  "FOR THE ELEVENTH TIME.  MY CHILD HAS ONE ALREADY.  I'D JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHEN HER SERVICES MIGHT ACTUALLY START."
  • One person (the head of the department) says there's no APE (adaptive physical education) teacher at her elementary school site, and they still have to hire someone.  Another person (a special ed teacher at the school) says that there is a teacher there, and that they saw this person this morning.  $500 on black! 
  • The whole thing is frustrating because APE is the case manager of her IEP, and dictates the whole show.  And I can't even get a straight answer on, well, anything.  
  • We took Bug bowling for the first time on Thursday.  Maybe that can be her sport.

I've been kind of sad this week about her going to school.  Not because she's away from me.  Well maybe?  She's been away from me before, having been in daycare full-time as an infant, and then again when we moved out here, but now she's her own person.  It's harder to be away sometimes from this Person than it was from that Baby.  And then sometimes I'm like, "GO PLAY WITH YOUR FATHER."

After only two days of school she has somehow gained eighteen more levels of independence.  It's messy most of the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment