Most of the time she is a whiny, manipulative, talk-backing mess.
And then sometimes she whips out some clever gems, which are like sunlight on an endless gray day. This is probably evolution's way of making sure I don't run away (permanently).
In the car yesterday, I'm having a SERIOUS problem reading Google Maps. This is rare for me, and so frustrating.
Me: "Turn right. No, I mean turn left. Bah! What direction are we facing? WHY CAN'T I FIGURE THIS OUT??"
Matt: "Just forget it. I know where we're going."
Me: "No, I must figure this out. AHHHH. My brain is not working."
Her, from the backseat: "But can you see, Mom?"
Me: "What do you mean, 'can I see?'"
Her, grinning: "You said your brain wasn't working. So can you still see [with your eyes]?"
Me, looking at Matt with amazement at what she's put together: "Yes, honey, I can see. You're so funny."
God help you if you ask her to draw a lower-case letter "a," though. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS.
No comments:
Post a Comment