I found out for a reason -- so I wouldn't be filled with doubt and uncertainty for the last 20 weeks. And I was good for about four of those, and now I'm back to being filled with uncertainty and doubt. My coworkers base their assumptions mainly on how Bug is growing in my (largely expanding) belly. Picture time! These are from this evening:
Have you met my basketball?
Side view (I was asked to remove the purple shirt, because it was "distracting.")
Thoughts? Does this look particularly boy or girl?
How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Let's just round up and say 15
Maternity clothes? Tomorrow starts two weeks of casual dress at work, of which I seriously lack. Oh, and I had to buy bigger size underwear.
Stretch marks? No. I keep meaning to ask my mom if she had any, because I heard they're genetic?
Sleep: Last night I went to bed at 8.
Best moment this week: I was convinced Tuesday afternoon that the following day was Friday. It's still not even Friday yet.
Movement: Bug seems to know when I get home (hears the dog barking?) and responds accordingly. But we had to go to the doctor this week just to "double check" after we slept for 12+ hours straight.
Food cravings: Anything that won't give me heartburn, which is everything.
Gender: Girl...
Belly button in or out? In
Labor Signs: Drinking 80+ ounces of water a day keeps things under control (I am not exaggerating)
What I miss: Bending over to take off my shoes without feeling like I'm going to pass out.
What I am looking forward to: April 8
Weekly Wisdom: Even though they make maternity tights, it doesn't mean they're going to be more comfortable around your belly.
Milestones: While still incredibly teeny tiny, we are technically viable!
I think you're going to bounce back so well, you'll have the post-baby belly for like a day. Damn you, skinny girl. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI think your belly looks like you're having a puppy.
ReplyDelete