Doctor's visit was otherwise uneventful this week, which isn't a bad thing. I seem to have less questions when I only have two weeks between appointments, and when the previous week was spent hyperventilating at the Maternal Assessment Center.
Ugh, I just want to eat eat EAT.
Matt and I went back to the gym yesterday, and I decided to try the stationary bike. I first climbed on the recumbent bike, but the belly gets in the way and it was in no way comfortable. So I moved to the other type (which is really a hybrid of a recumbent and an upright) and pedaled for 15 minutes on level 1. I think I covered a whopping 1.6 miles, while drinking two bottles of water, but that's OK. For some reason being at the gym made me feel less huge, and I think part of this is just getting out of the house and seeing myself in different mirrors. It is apparent that my legs haven't really grown all that much (again, upper arms, different story) and I was still able to wear my old running shorts (although below the belly).
I miss being able to work out with any level of intensity, but I know we'll be there again, and at least I haven't lost my love of being at the gym. I played personal trainer to Matt, instructing him through all of the crazy crap we used to do before I was pregnant, and it's clear that *someone* has not been keeping up with his workout routine outside of my watch. Five minutes with the BOSU and some free weights and he was done. I apparently can still do a side plank with lower arm extended and upper leg off the ground (I call it the 'starfish') which is encouraging, although Matt asked me not to do it any more, since he sort of struggles with side plank on his elbow.
In the locker room, there was another pregnant woman changing next to me who looked around my size. I suppressed the urge to ask her when she was due, fearing the answer would be something like "yesterday." I still sort of wonder, but am still glad I didn't ask.
We had a super crappy night last night, full of contractions (always four in a row, and then nothing until the next hour, so no need to call, per se) and general uncomfortableness/pain. I'm glad I didn't have to work this morning since I probably would not have gone in. After getting up, eating pancakes, then pouting in bed for another two hours with one round of tears, we seemed to have snapped out of it. And now we're just kicking my bladder. Or rolling around on top of it, I can't tell.
Also, that "pregnancy glow" thing is a pile of crap. My skin has never been worse in my entire life.
How far along? 28 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: When the doctor becomes concerned, then maybe I will be.
Maternity clothes? I'm on a clothes-buying boycott.
Stretch marks? Somehow, no.
Sleep: Getting difficult again.
Best moment this week: Another week done.
Movement: Bug has her own agenda at all times.
Food cravings: Chocolate milk, m&m's
Gender: Girl.
Belly button in or out? In
Labor Signs: Nothing worth calling about
What I miss: Being active for more than five minutes without needing a nap.
What I am looking forward to: 81 days and counting
Weekly Wisdom: Sometimes your "pubic area" hurts so bad you just have to sit down. Gravity and a growing baby are not kind friends.
Milestones: The dog is now eating twice a day. Apparently he's jealous that Mama's eating extra.
New pictures added to the timeline. Click to see bigger:

I would say that the visible pants in the last picture make my belly look needlessly large.
So far today I've had two cinnamon rolls roughly the size of my head.
ReplyDeleteAfter yesterday's field trip to Wuollet's it's clear we should limit our time together. We clearly have less than no self-control when we're together and sugar is involved. :)
Did I mention my shower will have a Wuollet's cake?! I am not lying. You're invited.