Friday, February 11, 2011

Vroom

Ever since I laid eyes on this thing at Target I have WANTED IT. It seemed more than perfect. A car? That goes? If you spin a ball? Or shake a rattle? It's like it was MADE for Bug and her favorite (but limited) motor skills.

Look at it! Brilliant!

Aaah. Literally, if I start typing "Amazon.com" into our browser, this car shows up as the first suggestion. Obsessed.

So Matt and I were at Target yesterday (best birthday present ever: pissing a day away with your husband like before you had a kid) and he finally got sick of my whining (pining?) and put it in the cart.

Time slogged on (no, not really that slowly) before we picked up Bug from day care. She was in an excellent mood when we got home, so we decided to show her the toy. Look! It's a car! That moves! And she took one look at it, watched it drive its way into her leg, and started to scream. With tears.

So maybe we'll just grow into it? I took it as a good sign last night that she was willing to poke at it with a very outstretched finger. I think that I am more amused at her terror of it (bad mom?) than I am upset that she doesn't like it. If anything Basie and I will just play with it.

Oh, and Baby Jesus was totally listening to me because today's Groupon was for a month of unlimited yoga at CorePower. Which way to the gun show? Kiss kiss.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of when we got Jonnie a little red trike. It was soooooo cute. He was taking a nap and I was so excited for him to wake up and see his new shiny red little bike. When he woke up we excitedly showed it to him.....He hated that f-ing bike. He was so mad. He tried to throw it across the room. Oh well.....
    Life...
    Love, Aunty Iowa

    ReplyDelete