We spent a lot of time at the playground.
What, you mean yours doesn't have palm trees?
And at the library.
We seriously need a book fort in our house. And then Bug and I could fight over who got to use it.
We're sort of apartment hunting, because we want to live closer in to the city, and we found this place, and applied, and now I'm convinced we aren't going to get it because the woman re-posted the ad on Craigslist today. I don't know why I'm taking this potential rejection so personally. The anxiety from this is seriously bothering me. I need to get over it. I'm hoping she just lets me know one way or another tomorrow.
I want to move for convenience, and because that part of town is so COOL, and living closer to Balboa Park would be so cool, but on the other hand I love this view, and having this in my backyard.
What do you mean they don't allow open containers??

Yesterday I had another mediocre long run. I ran 9, up the Strand and around the Village. I had terrible cramping in my right leg, and actually stopped twice to stretch. That never happens. Ended up with an average 8:10 pace, which isn't bad, but I was still frustrated at how inconsistent the run felt.
After I was done we went to the farmer's market in Little Italy. It was a lot of fun, even though Bug screamed for half of it. It's like a switch went off and it's now her mission to make sure that we never have any fun in public ever again.
She's only sitting because she spotted the leaves.
It was a really cool farmer's market, though. It runs every Saturday, but unlike the farmer's markets in Minneapolis, and in true California fashion, it doesn't open until 9AM. NO ONE does anything early here. Our newspaper doesn't even get delivered until almost 8. EIGHT! It might as well be lunch time. We sampled some unbelievably delicious food. Nothing was actually purchased except for coffee and French pastry. I could go there for a recovery meal every Saturday.
Today we decided to try out La Jolla again, even though last time wasn't so memorable. We were really hoping the fog stayed away, and it's amazing the stunning difference when you can actually see more than five feet in front of you.
I admit it, I was wrong to judge so quickly. It's breathtaking.
Such a cliche picture, but I couldn't help it. Missing is the photo of the couple feeding the birds in front of the DON'T FEED THE BIRDS sign.
We're in public! I don't want to have fun!
But I will take that one, with the balcony and the eight car garage.
And then we met a friend. When they first made eye contact, he promptly lay flat on his back on the grass. I know.
Then he recovered.
We were told he liked hair.
We moved on.
La Jolla, I'm sorry I judged you just because you were having a bad wardrobe day. Fog doesn't look good on anyone.
I got a Lululemon gift card for Christmas, so we stopped in (they have a shop in La Jolla, big surprise!) to see if I could find anything. No matter how much weight I lose or how good I think that I look, the second I try on clothes there I feel like a big bowl of pudding. There is no room for error in that clothing. None. Zip. Zero. I tried on like five different running tops, skipping the pants entirely because I didn't need to have a mental breakdown. I ended up buying a zip up sweatshirt that I swore I'd never own but now I do and I'm in love.
I'm looking forward to Thursday this week; Bug has her first PT eval at the children's hospital here, and then Early Start is actually coming out to do an eval of their own. We dropped off papers with them on Friday and she agreed to at least come take a look at Bug and start a file for her (when she's 3, the school district gets involved). They continue to frustrate me, but I jump through one tarnished hoop after another.
Tonight we finally coerced Bug to get in the Burley. And she actually liked (tolerated?) it! We probably rode for half hour, tops, but we were just excited she didn't cry the whole time. If we can work her up to longer stints, it would be awesome. It's obvious that we cannot hike with her because she's not big enough to hike on her own and she hates being carried, but perhaps we can all bike together. Yay! This thing wins for Best Craigslist Purchase of 2011. We got it for $100, and it's practically brand new.
(Note: The cover is folded back for picture purposes. She was a little concerned when Lulu didn't have a "hat" (helmet) to wear, but she recovered)
All I spend money on is food. Seriously. It's amazing how expensive it is and how much we go through and we're only three people and one of us still hasn't even turned two yet.











No comments:
Post a Comment