Monday, January 14, 2013

I am so impressed with myself that I actually completed everything I needed to today, and it's only 8:45 PM:

  • Do not eat ice cream for breakfast
  • Go to class, and don't be a bitch to everyone
  • Go to store, have Bug pick out new stuffed animal
  • Go to other store, find mutually-agreeable new sunglasses for Bug
I made a sacrifice of not running to class today so that we could drive right to base after it was over to go shopping.  In the ten minutes we were on the playground after class, though, Bug managed to fall off a spin-seat thing and land on her head, and also fall off the big kid swing (again?) although at least mostly on her feet.

She picked out a new stuffed dog.
Me: "Bug, what is your new puppy's name?"
Bug: "Bug."
Me:  "But that's your name.  Can we pick out a different name for the puppy?"
Bug: "No."

Matt has difficulty taking non-blurry photos with his phone, too.  The sunglasses, while cute, are unfortunately Disney-brand, so I have to figure out how to razor off Tinkerbell from the left lens.  Oh, and we did take off the plastic piece after we left the store, although it WAS tempting to leave it on.

Bug requested spaghetti pie for dinner tonight (after her request for macaroni and cheese was denied).  While I was draining the noodles, the colander fell over in the sink, dumping all of the cooked noodles into the garbage disposal.  OMG.  I had to reboil the water and start over again with the stale spaghetti noodles from the open package of unknown age that I purposely did not use the first time around, and it was at this point that I sent Matt and Bug to go get some beer.  In my attempt to get her to leave the house with him, since she initially refused, I told her she had the very important job of picking out a "special treat" for me.  Matt told me when he got home that she (very excitedly) told the cashier at the liquor store that they were buying "A SPECIAL TREAT FOR MOM!"  I guess I'd rather have her tell the guy at the liquor store than her preschool teacher.


Obviously, I'm anxious right now.  What if one of the doctors has an off day tomorrow?  We all have off days at work, right?  Like even after triple-checking with plain paper and pencil marks you STILL insert the goddamn certificate in your desktop ink-jet printer (which is like 100000x less confusing and in theory easier than having to do it on a shared laser printer) the wrong direction?

FUCK.

We found out today that we have the first surgery slot of the morning, so we will need to check in early.  Last week the nurse suggested keeping Bug up later and feeding her later because she is not allowed ANY food or water after midnight, to help with the morning.  So we kept her up later, and it was about as disastrous as you might have expected.  So now tomorrow morning she will not only be hungry, but also over-tired.  No one said I made great decisions under duress.  

Basically I'm functioning right now on a platform of Denial and Distraction.  Not thinking seems to keep my heart beating normally.  Ta-da.



And because I can't resist, here's the Mighty Ginge at the playground yesterday with Matt.  Remember, she is ONLY TWO.




2 comments:

  1. She looks at least 4.5 in the playground pics. Charlie did say he liked the older ladies - much more decisive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you see her you are going to freak out at how gigantic she is in person. I know already that her friends are always going to nominate her first for buying beer before they're all 21.

    ReplyDelete