Monday, April 29, 2013

Just a Monday

More pictures from tonight turned out than I thought.  We walked up to Balboa Park after she napped (another marathon nap -- she is either still recovering from the party, growing, or both).  The whining tempered to a dull roar, and she was allowed a trip to the museum.  

THE WHINING, OMG.  AND THE WHINING, COMBINED WITH THE SHRILL SCREAM WHENEVER THERE IS A HINT OF DISSATISFACTION, OMG. 

I sat outside with the dog and attempted to read my book while Matt took her inside.  The dog whined the entire time, totally ruining what was to have been a blissful, uninterrupted 30 minutes of reading.  EVERYONE IS WHINING, ALL THE TIME.

Then after they were done, we wandered around the park toward home.

She insisted on walking the dog herself, which I allowed in this partially closed courtyard.  And then the homeless woman who occupies this courtyard on the regular with her scrawny dog showed up and put the kibosh on the whole toddler-walking-poodle thing, and Basie was all, "Thank you, Homeless Woman."

But this picture.  I love this picture.

Is she taunting me?  She is taunting me here.


I wanted a picture of the two of us.  Matt's more of a point-and-shoot kind of guy, so I usually have her sit somewhere for a few test shots to get all the settings right.  

Not the right light, so a no-go.  But look at the attitude on that face!  I die.  Also, those legs.

This worked out better.  Although I need to come up with a better pose, because it always looks like this (although monumentally less awkward than the ones where I'm standing and holding her.  Who can take a flattering photo while holding 36 pounds of crazy??)

When she was born, someone gave us this tutu.  I remember forgetting about it until taking one set of photos when she was 10 or 11 months old, and then forgetting about it again. 

Six months or so ago it reemerged.  It barely fits around her, but whatever, we just go with it.  It had been hibernating underneath the stroller for the last few weeks, and today she was all, "MY TUTU!!" and we wore it the rest of the way home.  

ONE of these days, she will look at me while jumping, and I'll have it timed all perfectly.

These poor, poor ducks.

Not really.  It was hilarious.


And the second Matt started to take a video on his phone, she completely lost interest.  Of course.

Home, Jeeves!

No comments:

Post a Comment