I almost passed out again the following day when they changed the bandage, because of the same reason above.
I have a gajillion stitches and a bruise the size of Brazil on the back of my leg.
Walking is difficult. I am LOSING MY MIND not being able to exercise. This is the first Saturday morning I haven't run at least 7 miles in, I swear, two years.
Basie had a grooming appointment today and we decided to make a morning of it on Coronado (that's where his hair salon is) and I walked from Clayton's to the beach, realized I could not tolerate walking on the sand, popped a Vicodin, sat for a while, then walked up to the Del, then had Matt go back and get the car because I had shooting pains again. If we went a mile, I would be impressed.
I was miffed with the lack of cars. In peak season, this road is PACKED with both parked and moving vehicles (who would like to park).
Thank goodness there's a sidewalk on this beach, otherwise I'd have been SOL.
Walking to the Del. She was very distressed that I could not hold her, and we had to bribe her up on his shoulders.
Someone was having an EXTRAVAGANT event today/this evening at the Del.
We drove to Spreckels Park where I sat on the bench with my leg elevated to bring down The Swell.
Checking out the rules, making sure everyone is abiding.
He's a dog again!
Compare the above photo to the one below. Same park, same wonky camera angle, and an extra six inches in leg. Crazy.
February 2012
After nap we drove up to 6th and Laurel, parked, then walked to the science museum (it was my compromise, since I knew I couldn't walk up or down the big hill). I made it to the science museum, sat down while Bug played, then made it maybe 1/3 of the way back before we sent Matt for the car again. BALLS.
The incision itself doesn't seem to hurt, it seems like everything around it does. Is it muscle? Skin? Who knows. HOW DO PEOPLE EAT WITHOUT EXERCISING?? Pass the ice cream.













No comments:
Post a Comment