We were at the doctor yesterday, and while Bug sounded fine (we're back up to 160 - some say this means Bug is a girl, but we're still convinced Bug is a boy) I'll be back home for two more weeks. The doctor probably thought I was a complete lunatic since I talked myself in circles for ten minutes about if I wanted to be home or not. How am I supposed to know? It's not fun being at home, but it's also not fun to spot. We can't say there is a direct correlation between activity, since I've had some great weeks where I was able to be more 'normal' but the doctor finally said that she would feel better if we had at least two weeks where I didn't have any episodes. (At the end of the appointment I asked her if all pregnant women were crazy. She paused, and then told me, slowly, "no, they're just all.. pregnant." How PC.)
The last few weeks have been really hard, since twice I've gone back to work on Monday, and then stayed home Tuesday - Friday. I get so excited to go back to work, I say 'hi' to everyone again, I try and get caught up, and then it gets ripped away again. My boss and I had a heart-to-heart this past Monday where she told me that all everyone wants is for me and Bug to be OK (I think that she knows how 'into' work I can get). It was nice to hear it from her, and I realize how incredibly lucky I am to work for people of this caliber, but it still doesn't totally calm my fears and anxieties about being away from work. They took my original project away and gave it to someone else; I am being as adult as I can about this, because I understand why. I think I am better prepared to be home this time around, and hopefully it will be only for two weeks.
Oh, and I got the H1N1 vaccine yesterday at the office. I know that a lot of people think it is "unsafe" or "unnecessary" and I don't understand those people whatsoever. I don't do much good to Bug if I'm sick with pneumonia or some other horrible infection, or even worse, dead.
I will admit, I don't think I could ever in confidence have referred to myself as "regular" but the level of back up while pregnant is ridiculous. Every time Matt goes I profess my jealousy, and whenever I manage to eke one out, I want a cookie. I've settled on MiraLax, and although it makes my stomach extremely talkative and perhaps a little more gassy, it's better than pooping rocks. No one tells you these things when you say you want to have a baby. "Just wait! Your skin will break out worse than any time in your teenage (early 20?) years, your intestines will shut down, and you will be generally uncomfortable 95% of the time."
I've started to feel Bug move around in the last two weeks. Some days are more pronounced than others, although I "try" not to get too concerned about it. It will be more exciting when Matt can feel it too - it's still too faint (I think) for anyone else to feel.
The belly has been growing:
12 weeks, 3 days:
17 weeks, 3 days:
I had to have an entire bottle of Miralax in one hour to prepare for my colonoscopy. As a result, I don't care how bad the back up - I'm not going near that stuff. :)
ReplyDeleteIncidentally, if you consume the entire bottle at once, you will have NO back up at all.
Love the belly growth over five weeks!
Emilina,
ReplyDeleteI am sooooo happy you are doing this blog. I have been wondering what all your details are. THank you for sharing.
Love, Lisa
PS I have been thinking Bug is a girl the whole time!
I'm guessing a boy. And I'm ALWAYS WRONG. Literally every time. Love the blog, keep it up.
ReplyDeleteHi Emily
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing the blog. Now I get real details. Sons are not very good on details. I am thinking boy but who knows. Just loving the thought of being a grandma. The ultrasound picture was great. Anne