I bought one of these ultra-attractive pregnancy girdle things last week, and as awkward and unattractive as it looks, it is a godsend.

I'm not clear why everyone on the website was pregnant in 1992... and the example of "doesn't show under clothing" is somewhat hilarious. Mom, is this what you wore?

Truth be told, unless you're wearing really baggy clothing, it's not totally invisible, but since I can't really leave the house anyway, problem solved. It cuts down significantly on back pain and when my belly feels like it might stretch out to my knees. (Note to other pregnant women, this thing is not super comfortable to wear while sitting, so it's best to save for when you'll be standing/walking for any period of time).
I think pregnancy is bad for anyone who might even be a borderline hypochondriac. I drink water like I've just returned from 40 days in the desert, and this has turned into, "WHAT IF I HAVE DIABETES?!" I don't, but you get where this is going.
Last week at the doctor was as I suspected - nothing happened while we were there. They hooked me up to a monitor that tracks uterine activity. It wasn't at my normal office, and while that shouldn't matter, I of course made somewhat of an ass of myself. The nurse takes us back, and asks me to use the bathroom. I'm thinking I just can't be on the monitor thing with a full bladder. I come out and she says, "did you pee in a cup for me?" Umm, no.
Even though she and I both know that every time I walk into the doctor's office that's what I'm supposed to do... I didn't know what to say, so I stood there awkwardly like a kid who threw something away that was very important. Then I told her if we wait five minutes, I will probably have to go again, and she was satisfied with this.
She asks me to sit in the "comfy!" chair. This thing did not look nor feel comfy. She wrapped the monitor around my belly and then left. I had no idea if I was allowed to move. I really wanted to stare at the machine but I was worried if I moved I'd ruin the measurements. Of course all Matt did was make jokes that I couldn't help but laugh at... thanks, partner. After 20 minutes we chatted with the doctor, she took a peek (no changes = good) and then I re-peed in the cup.
We left and I said, "I didn't like that nurse."
I'm up to five pounds gained now. The weight thing is tricky. Last week I was convinced that I was going to have a defective baby if I didn't gain weight; now I'm convinced I'm gaining too much too fast. There is no happy medium, especially when I can't exercise. To compensate for this I make Matt exercise, which I don't think is his favorite thing to do in the world, especially by himself.
Two days until we get to see Bug again! Let's all cross our fingers Bug doesn't keep the legs crossed. Matt has been telling Bug that he really needs him/her to cooperate, "for Dad's sake."
Hey girl! Your blog cracks me up. The girdle thing is gorgeous too. Loved the Tgt magazine dialogue as well. Hope Cookie is okay! I miss you! (and by anonymous that means Allison because I'm not sure how to sign in).
ReplyDelete