Bug has discovered that s/he is able to kick a lot harder. It's like a really hard poke with one, maybe two fingers, from the inside of your belly (through layers of whatever, so maybe somewhat muffled), and no one has any idea why you're making such a weird face. It's not comfortable. Maybe this has softened the blow of Spot's erratic return (once yesterday, once this morning, and then poof! One thing it's good at is being consistently inconsistent) knowing that Bug is still in there tossing around.
I've been experiencing some random cramping in my lower abdomen, usually during the early evening. Maybe Bug hates Brian Williams? Who knows. I have yet to come up with a good way to describe it, but we'll be back to the doctor this afternoon so she can just check it out before the weekend. I generally hate the weekend, because you can/should only call in emergency circumstances, which are hard to (rationally) define. Maybe these are those infamous Braxton-Hicks? I thought I might be too early for those, but lord knows I wouldn't know what one felt like. We'll see. I'm guessing this afternoon will be like visiting the mechanic, where nothing will happen while I'm there.
Matt's first musical performance is this evening (the kids are doing Thoroughly Modern Millie), followed by a teacher training course tomorrow morning, another performance Saturday night, and then another performance Sunday afternoon. I'm bored and lonely already, and we're not even there yet.
I had him run to Target last night to pick up some essentials (milk, Sour Patch Kids, etc). He had instructions to call me from the magazine aisle:
Me: Who is on the cover of Vanity Fair?
Him: Some guy who looks like James Dean.
Me: That's Robert Pattinson.
Him: Who?
Me: Nevermind, just get that one. Who is on the cover of People?
Him: Hilary.
Me: Hilary who? Hilary Duff? Hilary Clinton?
Him: I don't know, it just says "Hilary"
Me: (silence)
Him: Something about Hilary's fashion.
Me: Are you looking at a People Style Watch?
Him: (long pause) Well how was I supposed to know the difference??
Me: Can you find the regular People?
Him: Hang on. OK, found it.
Me: Who is on the cover?
Him: "Vanished without a trace" There's a bunch of kids on the cover.
Me: Ick, too depressing. Nevermind. What's on the cover of Real Simple?
Him: (looking) I can't find it. Isn't it by all the "ladies" magazines?
Me: It should be? You can always look by the checklanes.
Him: I have to walk all the way over there?
Me: You have to go there anyway to check out.
Him: Fine. (walks) It's the same one you have.
Me: It's not the Christmas one yet?
Him: No.
Me: Damn. OK, come home.
And then we ate ice cream.
Something I find funny, and maybe even moreso than before, are those obnoxious prescription drug commercials. I'm not sure why, but they generally fall into two categories: Cardiology and Urology. I think I find the latter of the two the best, because they generally describe being pregnant.
Vesicare: "For some of us with frequent bladder urges, running errands also means knowing where all of the bathrooms are." What, it's not normal to know where all the bathrooms at Mall of America are (and which ones to avoid)?
Flomax: "Men, are you waking up to go? Going urgently? Going over and over? Those symptoms could be due to BPH, or enlarged prostate." Or, you could be pregnant. Suck it up, wussies.
I stole this (survey) from Becky's blog:
How far along? 19 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: About 3 pounds.
Maternity clothes? When I have to leave the house and look "presentable"
Stretch marks? Not yet, at least. I've been using the Mama Bee belly oil every night -- we'll see how effective it is.
Sleep: Annoying. I hate sleeping on my sides. I wake up constantly with my arms asleep and twitching. All I want is to sleep on my back.
Best moment this week: Not crying when Spot appeared yesterday.
Movement: Yes.
Food cravings: Anything orange flavored; pizza.
Gender: 2:1 it's a boy.
Belly button in or out? I have the deepest innie you've ever seen. I will be amazed if it pops out.
Labor Signs: I'm hoping not yet.
What I miss: Leaving the house. Running.
What I am looking forward to: Next week's ultrasound.
Weekly Wisdom: Even if your boobs don't appear to be sore, if your husband throws a dog toy at one of them, it still hurts.
Milestones: Actually filling out my bra.
P.S. Today is Cookie's last day. I declined a final goodbye, because I don't know that I could have handled it. I'm still in the denial phase.
No comments:
Post a Comment