Sunday, October 9, 2011

I'll be the eighth roommate

I've gotten through the last two days by just not thinking about anything that starts with "m" and ends with "old."

Last night my parents were out, so I was home alone (she doesn't count when she's asleep). I found myself in full control of the remote, and somehow ended up on MTV watching Real World: San Diego. And the thought actually passed in front of my mind that I should keep watching, you know, in case I gleaned something from it about my new abode. Yes, that's the best excuse I can come up with. It is no more entertaining than it was a few years ago. The last time I really remember enjoying it was Real World: New Orleans. Someone scare me with how many years ago that was.

I recognized a few places they went. Generally I marveled at how unbelievably spoiled and stupid they were, and how unbelievably young 21 is. Barf.

Running this morning was supposed to be lovely, and I guess it was, scenery wise. Pace wise, no. I would like to break an 8:00 minute pace when running more than 6 miles, and I cannot do it. Well, if I was racing I probably could (that is, if I would cough up the money to actually race), but not on a training run (must remember: train to race, don't race to train!). Perhaps it has something to do with the dinner last night of raw cucumber and candy corn, and the constant couch sleeping. Who knows. Either way it came in this morning at a disappointing 8:05 pace for the regular 8.63 mile loop on the river. I needlessly dissected it all, where I could have run faster, etc. Remember, ignoring my other, real problems is easier.

I'm also convinced that the only reason I've lost as much weight as I have is because I've been alone. When I went to visit people at work they commented something about now that I have so much time, but the truth is, I'd be working out this much even if I were working, and it would probably be easier because Matthew would be here. The real reason is that there is no one to eat with. When I go and visit Matthew it's like a constant FOOD BINGE. It's amazing how much easier it is to eat with someone else.

Bug has been a bit punchy lately, yelling when told not to draw crayons on the carpet, bursting into tears when said crayons are taken away, vehemently not sharing, throwing her water cup completely on purpose, etc. And then tonight in the bathtub there is one FULL (2 yr!) MOLAR in on the back right. So, perhaps I should cut her some slack. I'm hoping the other three are on their way soon.

Tomorrow is her eighteen month well-baby appointment. Eighteen months??? How the hell did we get here? And without walking? Shoot me.


My guess is 90th for height, 900th for weight. She's huge.

2 comments:

  1. 8:05 x 8.63 = amazeballs

    I haven't broken 8:20 in weeks and weeks. And yes, being alone means eating less. Being alone with a baby means not eating. I have no idea why, but this is my pattern when I'm home alone with J. Lou too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, when I'm alone for a weekend, or even a day, I barely eat. What's up with that? Loneliness is a diet? I hope you have an update with her height and weight after the doc... would love to compare to my 22 month old :)

    ReplyDelete