Friday, February 15, 2013

Love taps, locks

Nothing more of substance here, just a few more pictures.

Yesterday we went over to a friend's house and that friend had a jump rope.  So today, after mustering the best behavior she could possibly muster (hint: wasn't that great) we got her a jump rope.

Of course to get the jump rope, we had to go to Target, but that was after playing at the playground after class (no school today due to holiday), and then a grueling hour of OT.  We didn't get home from Target until close to 2, she still had to eat, and then finally she went down for a nap.  The point is that we had to wake her up at 4:30 so that there was still enough daylight to walk to the park (I insisted on walking) and use the jump rope (and also so she wouldn't sleep until 6 because we fucked up on timing today in general).

The light in the afternoon is so much fun.

Still rocking her Bullseye sticker from Target and her Good Job sticker from OT.

The dog is nervous, as usual.

Why yes, this is my child putting the dog in a headlock.  A "love" headlock, I'm sure.  

Let's get this party started!


So whatever happened to normal jump ropes?  The only options at Target were these thick plastic ones.  I just want a plain, rope-like jump rope.  This one is filled with glitter pipe cleaners; there was another one filled with liquid, which I could just imagine leaving such a red mark when it inevitably smacks me (not a typo; I'm always her target) in the forehead.  

The problem with these stupid plastic ones is this:

It doesn't just HANG.  It wants to coil up.

She was soooo frustrated by this, and there was a fair amount of angry yelling and tears.  


So it was not as entertaining as we all hoped it would be.  She jumped over it a few times and then was done.

Ta-Da!  And I'm spent.

Matt was out of town Wednesday night and she ended up in bed with me after a wicked coughing spell, and then last night I slept with her after another wicked one.  She coughs sparingly throughout the day, and then like clockwork at about 11:45 PM it attacks with a vengeance.  She has a nasty stridor with some of the coughs, and it makes me terribly nervous to listen to.  She has no fever whatsoever, and does not complain about anything hurting (other than her throat from being scratched).  What is with these viruses that end in coughs?  GO AWAY.  I'm hoping that tonight goes better, because I have an early-ass run tomorrow morning.  First-world problems, I know.   

No comments:

Post a Comment