Friday, February 1, 2013

TMC

Are you watching American Idol this season?  I, for once, am watching American Idol this season, but only for The Mariah (TM).

Did you watch it Wednesday night?  TM was wearing a particularly bodacious blue dress, but with, I swear to God, her Spanx showing.  

Back when I wore real clothes, you know, the kind with proper waistbands, I'd wear Spanx on occasion.  Occasion enough, it seems, to also have invested in the maternity variety.  Anyway.  Point is, I loved Spanx, but also hated them, because they never seemed to stay up where I needed them to (requiring constant, obsessive under-boob tugging) and they created a line, both real and imagined, where they stopped and the rest of me remained.

It felt particularly shaming, that line, because it announced that I was using Help.  Even though they are ubiquitous in fashion, no one wants to really admit to wearing them (the celebrities who claim to wear "double Spanx" while on the red carpet so they can fit in the size 0 dress instead of the garbage bag-sized 2 do not count).

So, then, WHY THIS??

It's totally there, hanging out below the boobs.  It was much more obvious while watching the show, too.

In other non-Mariah news, Bug had her first post-surgery PT appointment where she kicked ass, then had her first post-surgery OT appointment (with the OT that I don't like, but I digress) and she again kicked ass.  

Partial sequestration of your child is, apparently, an immunity booster because now that Bug is back to her normal activities of twice-weekly therapy appointments and twice-weekly preschool, she is sick with snotty nose.  I feel like it's been SO LONG since she's been sick that I've forgotten how to be rational about it.  SHOULD WE SET AN ALARM SO WE CAN RE-DOSE HER IBUPROFEN AT 11:30??  God we sound pathetic.  No.  How is it possible to have regressed so quickly?  When she was in daycare she was sick every other day.  YOU ARE PROS AT THIS.  How quickly you forget.

Our friends from Minneapolis arrived safely yesterday!  WE ARE SO EXCITED THAT THEY ARE HERE.  

Yesterday Bug and I met them at the zoo after we were done with class.  

Trying to wait patiently for them!

Dancing with her magic wand because sitting was too hard.

Throwing a not-so-subtle hint to Baby D that she wanted to stand closer.

They had fun at the zoo (although both children refused to cooperate for a cute photo) and then we had them over for dinner last night and the kids got to be crazy again with each other.  Swoon.

I even had (two) running dates today while Bug was in school, although one of those dates slept the whole time.  We all went out to dinner tonight and gorged on Burger Lounge with a Yogurtland chaser.  H-E-A-V-E-N.  I don't want them to leave, ever.

Wednesday, Jan 30

Thursday, Jan 31

She gets away with mur-dah.  

No shots from today, because we went right from school to OT to home to nap to my doctor appointment to dinner to home to bath to bed.  I think we may be done with the daily ones, although I may continue weekly ones for my own archive that will be fun to embarrass her with when she graduates high school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment